1. DRIVERS: In no event, shall the Vehicle be used, operated by any person other than the Rentee or qualified licensed drivers at least 21 years of age who have Renter’s advance permission to use the Vehicle and whose names appear on Page 1 of Rental Agreement hereof:
2. PROHIBITED USE. The Vehicle shall not be used:
1.) For the transportation of persons for compensation
2.) In any race, test or competitive event
3.) For travel outside the state of California or the United States without first obtaining Renter’s written
4.) By any person not specified in Paragraph 1 above
5.) In violation of any federal, state, or local laws
6.) While under the influence of intoxicants or drugs.SMOKING IN VEHICLE IS PROHIBITED. All vehicle are non-smoking vehicles. A detail fee of minimum $300.00 will be charged for all vehicle returned with smoke smell or evidence of tobacco
use is found in vehicle.
7.) To push or tow any Vehicle except a trailer properly attached to the 5th wheel of a tractor or except a single axle 2-wheel lightweight trailer if the Vehicle is equipped with a towing hitch installed for or by the Renter but not to be a bumper Snap-On-hitch. In no event, should passengers be carried in or on a trailer.
8.) To leave the keys in or not to properly lock up or secure the vehicle (excluding valet parking).
9.) If further use of the vehicle would cause damage (i.e. warning light on, flat tire, steam rising from engine.)
10.) To carry hazardous or explosive substances.
11.) To transport a total vehicle and payload weight more than the gross vehicle weight shall not exceed that which is specified on Page 1 hereof.
12.) To drive in or through a structure where there is insufficient clearance, whether of height or width.
13.) To drive Vehicle if cargo is improperly and/or not secured. IN NO EVENT, SHALL RENTEE SUBRENT OR RELASE THE VEHICLE TO ANOTHER PERSON OR CORPORATION. If the Vehicle is WITHOUT RENTERS PERMISSION. The foregoing conditions are cumulative and each of them shall apply to every use, operation or driving the Vehicle.
14.) To Transport animal occupants. NO ANIMALS ARE PERMITTED IN THE VEHICLES.
15.) Any collection by renter shall be charged to the rentee and may include collection fees, attorney fees, late fees, ticket fees, toll road fees and interest at the maximum rate allowed under the law. There is a minimum administration fee of $75.00 per incident, in addition to any collection cost included for collection fees, attorney fees, late fees, ticket fees, toll road fees.
All Toll Road fees, parking citation, or similar charges incurred while the vehicle is in the “Rentees” possession and not paid by the “Rentee” are the the “Rentees” responsibility and will be charged to the rentees credit card or deducted from the “Rentees” deposit.
3. RETURN OF VEHICLE. This Agreement is one of rental only. The Vehicle is the property of the Renter and shall be returned to the Renter’s address or at a place designated by Renter and on the date shown on Page 1 or earlier if demanded, together with all tires, tools, accessories, and equipment in the same condition as when received, ordinary wear and tear expected. VEHICLE MUST BE RETURNED IN A CLEAN CONDITION, OR A MINIMUM OF $175.00 CLEANING FEE WILL APPLY. Failure to return the Vehicle to the place and on the date and time as set forth in this Agreement, will terminate Renter’s permission for the Rentee to use the Vehicle and thus will terminate the extension of all insurance coverage herein provided. If the rented vehicle is returned to Renter at any place other than that listed herein, Rentee agrees to pay all expenses incurred by Renter to have the vehicle returned. Renter or any of its agents, or employees, may peacefully repossess the vehicle without demand wherever found and terminate this Rental Agreement if the Vehicle is illegally parked, is used in violation of law, or in violation of the Agreement, or was abandoned. Renter shall not in any way be liable to Rentee for damages resulting from such repossession nor shall it be responsible for the loss or damage to any property of Rentee contained therein.
The Device’s GPS capabilities allow us to obtain the location of the Vehicle to assist in repossession in the event we must take back the Vehicle due to your default. The GPS capabilities also enable us to protect our security interest in the Vehicle through periodic checks of the Vehicle’s location. These checks ensure that the Vehicle has not been permanently moved to another location without our knowledge. The Device can also help to recover the Vehicle in the event that it is stolen.
4. AMOUNTS DUE RENTOR. Rentee shall pay Renter on demand:
(a) All times and mileage charges as computed on Page 1 of this Agreement with mileage determined by reading the Vehicle odometer or hub-odometer. Rentee shall NOT detach odometer or hub-odometer and shall pay for its repair or replacement if any seal has been broken along with a mileage charge adjustment to the average charge developed from Renter’s experience.(b) Basic or minimum rate, service, Vehicle Damage Waiver, and other changes shown on Page 1 hereof;
(c) FUEL CHARGES: VEHICLES MUST BE RETURNED WITH FUEL AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE INDICATED LEVEL UPON CHECK OUT. VEHICLES RETURNED WITH LESS FUEL WILL BE CHARGED $6.99 PER GALLON.
(d) All states use, excise or other taxes charges on page 1 hereof, by Renter as the reimbursement for taxes paid. Rentee is responsible for fuel, weight and road use permits.
(e) All fines, penalties, forfeitures, court costs and out of pocket expenses incurred by Renter with respect to Rentee’s use of the vehicle including parking, traffic, or other violations assessed against Renter, the Vehicle, or Rentee, unless due to Renter’s fault.
(f) Renter’s costs and expenses including reasonable attorney’s fees (unless prohibited by law), incurred in collecting any payments due hereunder or in repossessing the Vehicle.
(g) Renter’s costs and expenses resulting from loss or damage to the Vehicle while on rental, whether or not due to Rentee’s fault, except if Rentee has otherwise complied with terms and provisions of this Agreement. Rentee’s liability for loss or damage to the Vehicle by fire, theft, collision, upset or other causes insured under the Comprehensive and Collision or Upset Coverage of an automobile physical damage insurance policy is limited to a MAXIMUM of the amount written on Page 1 of this Agreement or is waived by Renter on Page 1 of this Agreement at time of rental.
NOTE: Vehicle Damage Waiver does not cover loss or damage to the Vehicle resulting from any violation of the terms of Paragraph 1 DRIVERS or Paragraph 2. PROHIBITED USE of this Agreement for missing Vehicle parts or for interior Vehicle damage other than normal wear and tear caused by Vehicle occupants.
5. VEHICLE INSURANCE: Renter provides liability coverage for the vehicle in accordance with the provisions of requirements of any applicable state financial responsibility law or other similar law or statue if persons as provided for in paragraph 1 thereof (and not otherwise) are driving. All overages afforded under this Agreement are applicable only after all other valid and collectible insurance, (whether primary, excess or contingent) has been and exhausted to the full limits of all such policies. Unless required by law, the policy does not include No-Fault, Supplemental No-Fault, Uninsured/Under insured Motorists coverage or other optional coverages, and Rentee hereby rejects such coverage to the extent permitted by law. Where such coverages are required by law, they are provided at the minimum required limits. RENTERS POLICY SHALL NOT PAY: (1) to any obligation for which the Rentee or any driver of the vehicle or the employer of either or any insurance carrier may be held liable under any Worker’s Compensation or disability benefits or similar law; (2) To any obligation assumed by the Rentee or any driver, or employer of either, arising while the vehicles is being used in violation of the terms and provisions of the Agreement; (4) Unless otherwise required while riding or alighting from or getting into or on the Vehicle.
6. INDEMNITY: Rentee releases and holds Renter, its agents and employees harmless from all claims for loss or damage to any property of the Rentee or any person left in, on or about the Vehicle, either before or after its return to the Renter or on Renter’s premises without regard to any negligence by Renter or any of its agents or employees. Rentee shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Renter from and against any and all losses, liabilities, damages, injuries, claims, demands, costs and expense, arising out of the use or possession of the Vehicle including, but not limited to any and all fines, penalties, and forfeitures imposed under any Federal State Municipal, or other statute law, ordinance, rule regulation, or insurance policy provision, and to the extent not covered by insurance claims of, policy provision, and to the extent not covered by insurance any claims of, or liabilities to, third persons arising out of the abandonment, conversion, secretion, concealment, or unauthorized sale of the Vehicle by Rentee or its drivers, agents or employees, or the confiscation of the Vehicle by any governmental authority for illegal or improper use of the Vehicle. Additionally, Rentee shall indemnify and hold Renter harmless for all loss, liability and bodily injury, death, or property damage arising out of the, or the operation of the Vehicle.
7. NO AGENCY: Neither Rentee nor any other driver of the Vehicle shall be or is deemed to be the agent, servant, or employee of the Renter for any reason or for any purpose. During the term of this Agreement, Rentee shall completely assume full responsibility for the Vehicle to the public and any regulatory body having jurisdiction.
8. REPAIRS: Rentee shall not permit any repairs to the Vehicle or suffer any lien to be placed upon it without Renter’s consent. Rentee shall be liable for any such repairs.
9. ACCIDENTS: Rentee shall immediately report any accident to Renter and deliver to Renter or its insurer every process, pleading, notice, or paper of any kind received by Rentee or any driver of the Vehicle relating to any claim, suit, or proceeding and shall cooperate fully with Renter and its insurer in investigating and defending the same.
10. CREDIT CHARGES: In the event Rentee directs Renter to bill charges hereunder to any other person, or organization, such person or organization and Rentee shall be jointly and severally liable for all such charges. RENTEE EXPRESSLY AUTORIZES RENTER TO PROCESS A CREDIT CARD VOUCHER, IF ANY, IN HIS NAME FOR CHARGES MADE HEREUNDER. Please allow (10) business days for rental advance payment amount to be back onto the debit/ credit card used for rental advance payment. So Cal Car Rental has full rights to charge any card(s) on file in regards to ANY damages done to the vehicle once the vehicle has been returned or contract has been closed after inspected upon preliminary inspection. Also, if So Cal Car Rental receives ANY toll road violations, parking violations, etc. after the rental has been already closed, So Cal Car Rental has full rights to charge any card(s) on file for additional fees in addition to administration fees.NO REFUND FOR RCP (RENTERS COLLISSION PROTECTION).
Any invalid, illegitimate disputes, will be charged a minimum of a $75.00 administrative fee that will be assessed and/ or deducted from the rental advance payment or charged to any card(s) on file.
11. Cash rental advance payment will be returned to “Rentee” by mail through the form of a check to the address provided at the time of rental. Debit/ credit rental advance payment will be refunded back onto the same card used. Any additional applicable charges will be deducted from the rental advance payment amount. All cash renters must fill out an additional addendum to rental agreement. Any collections costs incurred by renter shall be charged to the rentee, and may include collection fees, attorney fees, late fees, and interest at the maximum rate allowed under law. Rental advance payment will be credited No Sooner than (10) Business Days. By signing this agreement; authorizes So Cal Car Rental to charge any credit/debit card(s) on file for reasons listed above for any amounts due by the “Rentee” to So Cal Car Rental under this agreement.